Monday, June 23, 2008

Oh Tyra!

I've been having a field day with Tyra lately. So has Talk Soup.
Last week Tyra did her "butt" show, embracing their booties of thousands of women. Literally embracing. Footage from the show has emerged, showing Tyra rubbing, slapping, pinching and grabbing the asses of women on her show. Watching this led me to wonder, Is Tyra Banks a lesbian? Has she ever been linked to a man before? I can't remember. It's all good Tyra, but seriously, you got to get that butt-rubbing under control! I wish I could have my own show where I can pick and grab at people at my own free will. (wait, no I don't, um germs!)

Which leads me to my second point, germs, today's topic on Tyra. I tuned in only for the last three minutes, but it was enough to fuel my fire. Germs, to me are a big deal. My days living in Manhattan soon turned into a Howard Hughes-like obsession with cleanliness. I washed my hands with scalding water every time I entered the office or returned home after clinging to the grubby subway lines. I scrubbed my vegetables vigorously before consumption. I could envision dead skin flakes just settling down on everything I touched, I went insane, slowly. Once I moved from NYC, my germ phobia subsided. I still wash my hands at every chance, carry hand sanitizer and wash my food, but not with the same unhealthy obsession as before.
Today on Tyra, they were discussing germs on the bathing suits you buy. Turns out there were more germs on the higher-end suit than the lower-end suit, leading me to believe that rich girls are total skanks. When I go bathing suit shopping, I wear a skimpy thong and try my suit on over the panties. This was how I was raised, this was a practice I thought most people use. Au contraire! most people try on suits bare-bottomed, remove that little liner and splish-splash to the beach, unbeknownst that there are little yeasts and fecal matter still attached to the suit. Ew.
Ladies, a word to the wise, germaphobes unite! Wash those swimsuits before taking the plunge, for you know not whose germs you are wearing.

No comments: