Monday, February 22, 2010

Vegan news in the area

For starters bargain-hunters, get your shop on, because Natural Goodness is closing after 15 years! This was my neighborhood health food store for YEARS! I'm so sad to see it leave. Where am I going to go for a fresh carrot juice in the middle of the afternoon for a pick-me-up now? Stock up on vitamins, toilet paper, teas essential oils while you can!

There's a new semi-vegan eatery in town. Maru Global serves Japanese street food. They offer quite a few vegan options, including soups and desserts. They have pizza, burritos and all kinds of good stuff. Haven't tried it out it, but take-out seems like a good option, especially when it starts getting warmer and you can take lunch to Washington Square West park!

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this organic, vegan, soy-free ice cream sweetened with agave from Coconut Bliss. I can't wait for summer when I'm craving ice cream and won't feel guilt free when eating this. Available at Whole Foods.

And vegans beware! I saw these amazing-looking and very tempting donuts in the frozen aisle at Whole Foods, but upon closer inspection I see that eggs are listed twice in the ingredients. It says dairy-free...I don't know about you, but I consider eggs a dairy product. Make sure you read labels!

No comments: