Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Western Winterwonderland

Last week, I finally invested the 3.5 hours it takes to watch The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I only know the modern day Clint Eastwood, good old leather face, but now I see why he was all the rage. But for god's sake, can someone please give that man some lip balm?
Once a western detester, I have finally jumped the fence. I guess I really don't care for John Wayne, really. Weekends are now invested in westerns. The Coen Brothers new movie, No Country for Old Men, is a modern day western with a twist. Although the ending is a bummer, it was still well worth the lovely matinee price of $6. Be brave though for there is lots of gore, which makes this western more worth my horrorfile while.
Since the weather was shit another weekend, I watched Tommy Lee Jones' Three Burials of Meliquides Estrades, and that was pretty hardcore also. Very well done, what can I say? Hooked on Westerns.
All I know is that I see the snow falling out my window and I want to escape to the wild wild west.

No comments: