Saturday, August 1, 2009

For cat owners: Automatic litter-box cleaners!

My product rave of the summer has got to be my brand-new electric litter box cleaner for cats. I'm not so good at housework and even though I do my best to clean after the kitties, I'll be the first to admit that I don't do it enough. It's not fair to anyone; my cats, my boyfriend or myself.
At first I was hesitant to purchase it, because it is rather expensive and I don't know enough people who've had experiences with them in any capacity, other than one person who said all things great, so it is with great fanfare that I recommend
the Littermaid Elite Mega. I must say that my life has improved dramatically since. I eased my cats into it, first leaving both litter boxes side by side, and then sprinkling some of the old litter into the new litter box. Eventually, after about two days, the cats were using it and I was able to remove the old box. Hurray!
The machine is a little loud at first, but after a while you get used to it. My cats think it is a hoot. Both run and stare in awe at this magical rake that leaves their litter box clean, every time. I caught my calico frustratingly tugging at one part trying desperately how to figure out how it works; she is so smart. Clean up is a snap; all I have to do is empty this little container every other day. There is absolutely no odor, the cats seem to love it, and most importantly it has greatly improved our life. So for all you curious cat owners out there...
Highly recommended!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

let us all know if this continues to work out for you - i know enough people who have had issues with the littermaid breaking down over time.

we (husband and i) ended up using a scoopfree system (scoopfree.com), and it has not had any mechanical defect in all the time we have had it (about two years!) So if you ever need to make a switch, that would be my recommendation. :)

Unknown said...

thanks for the advice! I hope it doesn't break down but it's great to hear about other options, and I'll definitely keep this in mind.