Sunday, March 16, 2008

our sad obsession

America is obsessed with Eliot Spitzer and his hooker. Wait, the media is obsessed with sex. Regardless, this whore is making bank as a result. She's got offers from Hustler, Playboy, even her own vodka brand called No. 9, if she wants. Her songs are being downloaded at a rapid rate and played at all the clubs. The media portrays her as a victim. Here is she 17, all alone in a big city with an expensive apartment. hmmm, sound familiar to some? Oh the poor girl. Ever hear of working? I don't feel bad for her and I don't think she should be made a celebrity. If she wanted to live a legitimate life as a working girl ....then Vegas baby! It's legal there. Sorry, but I don't feel bad for her. And I don't see her as a victim. This is merely another example of eating what the media feeds us, and I'm stuffed.

No comments: