Tuesday, September 2, 2008

become a Vegan mentor!

I dropped in on a conversation between co-workers and students the other week, and they dragged me in with, "You're a vegan aren't you? Constance is considering going vegan."
Because of tricky digestion, her Dr. advised her to stay away from meat and dairy, and from what I gathered, she ate it often. I started talking about health and digestion and all the good things being a vegetarian does to the body and mind. Pretty soon, I had the pescatarian considering a return to vegetarianism, and Constance, well, I promised to bring in some vegan cookbooks that I thought would work for her student budget and busy life.
After giving the books to her and telling her she can always ask for help, I crossed my fingers and hoped that she would follow through.
A week or two later, I saw her on the street and asked her how her diet was. She told me, "I'm never eating meat again, I feel great!" We were both running late, so few words were spoken, but I'm anxious to see how it all pans out in the end.
Become a vegan mentor! It's fun and rewarding!

No comments: