Sunday, November 11, 2007

Kid Nation

There is something about the exploitation of children that has me on pins and needles every Wednesday evening at 8pm. I can't help myself. This sh*t is much better than Survivor is now and certainly gives it a run for the money. What child is going to break down in extreme homesickness? When are they going to get a huge shipment of chap stick to coat over their oh-so-dry flaky, cracking lips. And what silly game do the producers have them vying for the prize. I envy the host on Kid Nation. I want his job! Seriously.
I sincerely believe that participation in Kid Nation should be mandatory for all children. These kids learn how to treat people, how they themselves would like to be treated, how to entertain themselves and each other, how to work as a team, and how to ask for help. These are the things that humans need to relearn in todays' society. We are all so self-absorbed that we can't even teach our children how not to be.

No comments: