Sunday, November 11, 2007

My dreamlife

I often dream of Apocalypse. I dream that hell is upside down and amongst us. I've dreamt this for years, fighting the last fight to be the lone survivor. You can or cannot interpret this. One of my favorite past-times is assessing how I would handle an actual apocalypse. Am I prepared? Where is my tent, do I have enough water and what is my item of barter? Will I leave my own home in search of better shelter, will my neighbors turn into zombies and do I have to give them our food if they don't? How do alliances work in a post-apocalyptic world? Who are your friends in the end and how do you find them in a burning wasteland. My BF and I sit around, chatting about the ends of the earth and whether we are good candidates for survival. Maybe it's all the post-apocalyptic movies I watch, or the incessant voice of Anderson Cooper in my head, but I fear for the world and hope that we have til at least 2012, the fated end of the Mayan calendar, to figure things out for ourselves, without that extra little push from Iran.

No comments: