Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Diet restrictions lead to love

When I read this article, I thought about, with great disgust, all the meat-eaters I dated before I found my one true love, who also happened to be a vegan. Thank god! Food is for sharing. It makes life that much sweeter.
However, one of the women featured in the article is celiac, and by the end she's eating offal and foie gras. We all know how terrible foie gras is, but what is offal? Offal is the entrails and internal organs of a butchered animal. Awful is more like it. Read it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/13/dining/13incompatible.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5087&em&en=a41dd0de79221f23&ex=1203051600

I love this article double because it uses the word "vegangelical". I will be stealing that, though I have to add that this habit Americans have of running words together to create a new mega-word is becoming tiresome, and we have no one to blame for that but Rachel Ray.

No comments: